- Extremely small and lightweight lens
- Well constructed for the price
- Excellent image sharpness over the vast majority of the frame right from maximum aperture
- Very pleasing bokeh
- Fast and accurate autofocus
- Optical image stabilizer works to 3.5 stops
- Low vignetting
- Only average with regards to color and contrast
- Small maximum aperture limits depth of field selection
- Flare can severely impact images in certain situations.
The Panasonic 35-100mm f/4-5.6 is a surprisingly good little lens that doesn’t give up much optical while emphasizing small size. The lens is very sharp and has great bokeh, while keeping other optical attributes on a good level. The lens is a bit pricy for a consumer grade lens at $400, but given the excellent performance, I think the cost is worth it. If you’re a Micro 4/3 shooter and often want a small and light lens with a bit of telephoto reach, the 35-100mm f/4-5.6 is a fantastic lens to add to your kit. Highly recommended.
You can support Admiring Light at no extra cost to you by purchasing your gear through the B&H Link below:
Click on an image to enlarge