- Extremely well constructed with excellent haptics
- Very compact and lightweight lens
- Fast and accurate autofocus
- Very good image sharpness
- Good bokeh
- Pleasing color and contrast
- Good flare performance
- Distortion is strong optically and relies on software correction
- High vignetting without software correction
- Some chromatic aberration
- Yet another filter thread size
In all, I’m extremely pleased with the Fujifilm XF 16mm f/2.8. It’s a high quality, extremely compact lens that helps complete the small moderate aperture prime lineup for the X-System. I was impressed with the sharpness, the good bokeh, color and contrast, and I love having these tiny primes that can fit in a small bag and yet pack a punch when it comes to quality image making.
The fact that all this comes in at a low price of just $399 makes the whole package even more attractive. I love this little lens.
Click on an image to enlarge.